Our distinctive industry knowledge and extensive, practical experience ensures that we are well positioned to assist companies formulate tailored strategies and to implement tactics to achieve specific business objectives.
Our services include:
- Corporate strategy formulation and execution; and
- Industry/ sector and market analysis.
Developing a distinctive corporate strategy requires a sharp vision, the rigorous evaluation of alternative pathways, and relentless pursuit of defined objectives. Whilst a Corporate Strategy must be unique to each company, our experience is that successful strategies share a range of elements in common:
- Ensure strategy, operations and finance elements of the business are developed “in sync”, with a focus on value and risk management;
- Develop a sharp, qualitative vision of the future within a defined time boundary;
- Identify competitive threats and tailored responses;
- Develop a clear understanding of the outlook for the business under status quo and downside scenario;
- Evaluate the changing landscape and opportunities to leverage competitive strengths;
- Define objectives and targets which will clearly demonstrate success;
- Evaluate alternative pathways to achieving the vision;
- Consult major stakeholders in a focused fashion;
- Identify resourcing requirements and high level financial scenarios, ensuring a prudent capital structure;
- Develop a clear execution plan and implementation discipline; and
- Monitor performance relentlessly and remain sufficiently flexible to address changing circumstances.
At Core Energy we understand what is required to develop a Corporate Strategy that continually evolves to ensure our clients maintain the lead, in an increasingly competitive environment.
Industry and Market Analysis
To be effective, competitor and market analysis must dig well below the surface to reveal the critical drivers of market and competitor behaviour.
Successful analysis will involve:
- A focused but flexible project management discipline;
- A structured, comprehensive fact base;
- Analytical methodology which is proven, efficient and rigorous;
- Fit-for-purpose analytical tools and systems;
- Well defined scenarios;
- Appropriate consultation;
- Clear benchmarks to guide comparative analysis; and
- Effective reporting and communication.
Core Energy is well placed to lead successful industry and market analysis, leveraging over two decades of continuous experience in the Australian and international energy industry.
Energy Information and Intelligence
In order to ensure our clients are provided with timely and high quality information and insights, our Strategy team also offers access to a range of research and information products which extend across the energy value chain:
- Industry Portal – an online Portal, “Energyview” has been developed by Core Energy to provide our clients with a single point of access to a comprehensive range of energy industry data and information; covering industry, companies, assets, valuation, policy and an extensive list of references and handy analytical tools. All Strategy information and data products referred to below are also delivered securely via “Energyview”.
- Industry News – the “Monthly Energy Review” provides a summary of key energy industry news on a monthly basis together with extensive list of related facts and figures. News stories cover companies, assets, industry sectors, commodities, policy and more.
- Industry Data and Information – our “Statistical Review of Australian Energy” is prepared on an annual basis with quarterly updates to provide the most complete, timely and accurate compendium of energy industry statistics available in Australia.
- Industry Outlook – our “Annual Energy Outlook to 2025” provides an annual analysis of the outlook of eastern Australia gas E&P, gas transmission, LNG, and electricity.
- Industry Events – a periodic release of papers and reports to address major events or topics of significant interest such as price trends, major policy changes, significant supply and/ or demand events.